[Magdalen] My Grand-niece's christening

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Mon Jun 6 03:05:46 UTC 2016

On 6/5/16 9:15 PM, Arthur Laurent wrote:
> Rowan Elizabeth Margaret Stewart is the first of a new generation. She was born 29 March (gladly not getting too close to April 1 (her uncle the Navy Corpsman's birthday), and christened this morning at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Alexandria. Four generation of my family have been christened, confirmed, married and had funerals celebrated in St. Paul's.

Let us welcome the Newly Baptized!

********

May was a very strange month for me.  I lost two cousins, one of them a
First cousin, 20 years older than I, and the other a "First half+ cousin
once removed" (that's a long story), just four years older than I, both
descendents of one of my grandfathers; one on May 5, one on May 25, then
my birthday at two years past my three-score and ten, then Memorial Day
(which, with the custom in my area, is for _all_ of our family graves
and our family dead, including the ones who went long before we were
born, not just military deaths).  Then, two brand-new babies arrived
(before Memorial Day, actually) on the same day of Mem Day Weekend, both
announcements showing up right next to each other on my Facebook
Newsfeed, which is arranged by "Most Recent".  One of them is the
great-grandson of the 92-year-old first cousin (on my father's side of
my family), who died, and the other the great-granddaughter of one of my
living first cousins on my mother's side of the family.  I don't suppose
they'll ever meet, and not related to each other by blood at all, only
through the marriage of my parents.  But it does seem like some sort of
synchronicity or omen, that my families are going on.

I do have two granddaughters of my very own!  ;^)
Who are, of course, distant cousins to both babies and both of those who
passed.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net