[Magdalen] D-Day

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 15:24:02 UTC 2016

I was almost a year old so I think I was probably in Columbia, MO, with my
mom, waiting out the war at my paternal grandparents' home. I really don't
know why there instead of with her parents in Osceola, MO, although I do
know that we went back and forth some. I have dim memories of both places.
But I have NO memory of D-Day. My dad was in the Pacific Theater as weather
officer on the USS St. George, a seaplane tender.