[Magdalen] Roads Lead To Rome?

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 9 21:36:25 UTC 2016

>>>It all seems just a bit medieval, but the good Sister will be on the hot
seat 18 October.<<<

I guess the subtle distinction to be noted is, ministering to LGBTers as LGBTers (meaning, not normal, need to be set right), or ministering to people in need regardless of what "they are" just because they need the ministering.

I remember my 2003 visit to the Franciscan nunnery at Rochester, MN, where the vast basement was noted for two things:  (1) it's where the Mayo Clinic will retreat to in the event of imminent catastrophe, and (2) it's where the local branch of the Metropolitan Community Church holds services (or at least then did).  The point being, the latter item was noted without so much as the ruffle of an eyelid, not skipping a beat.