[Magdalen] America's Drunkest Cities

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Jun 13 19:30:07 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/13/2016 12:41:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

*exactly  the same*.
Which may be one reason for the high rates of drinking in the  Midwest.

This may well be true for the plains, but even those states have areas
that are quite atypical from the stereotype.  Michigan, Wisconsin,  NE
Iowa, and Eastern MN are examples states with rugged landscapes,
especially true in the "Driftless" unglaciated areas of SE MN, SW WI,
NW IL, and NE IA.

I mentioned before my god-child and cousin, David Pedersen and his
family with a view out their front windows that would be right at home  in
much of Pennsylvania, for example.  The home is built on the  terminal
moraine of the Pleistocene glaciation.

True, the ethnic mix is more vanilla than it is in much of the East  or
Far West USA, but the natives are far from boring sameness.

I think your notation that many of the drinking locales are those with
good sized
universities is spot on, however.

David Strang.