[Magdalen] cisgender???

Michael Canning mjbcanning at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 17:48:05 UTC 2016

This is what I found ... the word was first used in an essay in 1995 by
German sexologist <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexology> Volkmar Sigusch
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkmar_Sigusch>.
*Cisgender* has its origin in the Latin
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin>-derived prefix *cis
<https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cis->-*, meaning "on this side of", which
is an antonym for the Latin-derived prefix *trans-
<https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/trans->,* meaning "across from" or "on the
other side of". This usage can be seen in the cis–trans distinction
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cis%E2%80%93trans_isomerism> in chemistry,
the cis–trans or complementation
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complementation_(genetics)> test in
genetics, in Ciscaucasia <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciscaucasia> (from
the Russian perspective) and in the ancient Roman term Cisalpine Gaul
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisalpine_Gaul> (i.e., "Gaul
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaul> on this side of the Alps
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alps>"). In the case of gender, *cis-* is
used to refer to the alignment of gender identity with assigned sex.[5]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender#cite_note-MW-5>

--
Blessings, peace and strength,
Michael+