[Magdalen] High speed internet IS a utility - Court of appeals rules!

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 18:09:22 UTC 2016

This is very good news, I hope.

June 14, 2016 The New York Times  NYTimes.com »
Breaking News Alert  June 14, 2016

 BREAKING NEWS
High-speed internet is a utility, a court ruled, upholding net neutrality
rules backed by companies like Netflix and Google
Tuesday, June 14, 2016 11:04 AM EDT

High-speed internet service can be defined as a utility, a federal court has
ruled, a decision clearing the way for more rigorous policing of broadband
providers and greater protections for web users.
The decision from a three-judge panel at the United States Court of Appeals
for the District of Columbia Circuit on Tuesday comes in a case about rules
applying to a doctrine known as net neutrality, which prohibit broadband
companies from blocking or slowing the delivery of internet content to
consumers.

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck
by Richard Rohr