[Magdalen] reaching out to computer guru(s)

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 00:16:45 UTC 2016

I believe "send it to another software application" is meant to
trigger that application and have your scan open up as a document
within the application. So it might not be saved as a file until you
save it in the application (like Adobe Acrobat, or PhotoShop, or maybe
Word). There may be a temporary file created somewhere while that
document is open, but it wouldn't be saved in findable form until you
save it as an <Application Name Here> document.

I wonder if the file that appears to be code might open from within
whatever application you sent the file to. You could try starting that
application and opening the "code" file from within the application.