[Magdalen] pondering politics

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 22 19:03:32 UTC 2016

The real crux of the matter is that each convention, a week before, freely writes the rules for said convention, from scratch (in principle, that is), with little or no concern about what had gone before, except insofar as re-writing as necessary to avoid a previous foul-up.

Primaries are, as ME says, advisory, at best, and to date, I'm okay with that.  But what I'm not okay with is those bloody, pointless caucuses, which generally get ignored when it comes for the state conventions to assign delegates any way they choose.  I'm with Bernie:  no more caucuses.