[Magdalen] Teaching Trump Bible stories

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 19:21:11 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/22/2016 11:29:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

Well,  Jay, sometimes they might be "nap pies."    After all, around here
we have cow pies!
Grace,  d&r>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stiff every rural Wisconsin boy/girl knows off the top of their  heads:

There was a cow pasture ("Golden Guernsey") near our summer cabin,  and
there were also riding horses from the nearby camp ("Northwood") on  the
same pasture.  We therefore dealt with "cowpies" and "horse bisquits"  when
we took the short cut through the pasture.

I can't say when I last saw a herd of Guerseys, or, for that matter  Jersey
cows.  Jerseys produce a very rich milk but in smaller amounts.   The
Guerseys produce a fair amount of milk which is richer than the  present
dominant Holsteins - the familiar black and white cows.  Here and  there
in Wisconsin you can encounter herds of Brown Swiss cows.  That  breed
takes an intermediate place between the Guernseys and the Holsteins.

I don't know if the figures have changed, but it used to be said that  the
milk cow population exceeded the human population of Wisconsin.

David Strang - Looking at my new catalog of cheeses from my Wisconsin
home town creamery (Wood River/Burnett Dairy).