[Magdalen] Hot in church tomorrow?

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 13:51:05 UTC 2016

Reminds me of the summer our vestry, in their wisdom, decreed that we would
not use the A/C in our building in Tennessee, beginning in May. It was one
of the hottest Mays on record and of course everyone did whatever they
could to stay cool. The choir was the hottest place in the church, being
off in a corner where there were no windows and not much circulation going
on. We females were wearing very light dresses under our robes (it being a
more formal time than now) but the guys were suffering a bit more.....all
except for one pair of brothers who showed up in shorts. "Well," said one
practically, "no one can see what we're not wearing under these robes."
Which was true, since they were ankle length on both of them. I did have to
giggle, though, when a pair of long, bare, hairy (and shapely!) legs
stretched out beside my char during the sermon. They were, after all,
handsome young men....