[Magdalen] Hot in church tomorrow?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 14:37:55 UTC 2016

There's a story that is often told at our church about a hot Sunday
when some acolytes chose to wear nothing at all under their
cassocks/surplices. Black socks and shoes, yes, but nothing else.
Apparently one of the Sisters of St. Anne (probably Sr. Gertrude...she
always seems to be the center of these stories) noticed a set of
grocery bags in the acolytes' sacristy and peered into one of them
long enough to figure out what was going on. She took all the bags and
hid them, causing a bit of panic after Mass. She gave the bags back
only after lecturing the acolytes about how inappropriate it was to
"prance naked before the Blessed Sacrament."

Scott, who always wears something under his cassock (including a
shirt...I really don't want to have to take the cassock home for
laundering every time I use it).

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA