[Magdalen] Update

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 01:22:12 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/27/2016 5:51:52 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pdan.brittain at gmail.com writes:

Home  again. All went well.
It's a little disorienting to have a large patch  completely over my ear.
That stays on for 2 days to make sure the bleeding  stops.>>>>>>>>>>

Nice to hear.  The ears are very forgiving of trauma/surgery, and heal
usually
remarkably well.

I don't recall the diagnosis here.  Basal cell carcinomas on the ear
usually
take a rather slow gradual progression, and besides the Moh's  Microscopic
Surgery which is the Cadillac of treatments, there are freezing with  liquid
nitrogen, and there is even a topical cream (3-M's Aldara) that does  well
with some cancers.

Squamous cell carcinoma is much more dangerous, and usually requires
one of the surgical modalities.

David Strang.