[Magdalen] Update

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 15:06:18 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/28/2016 10:17:07 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pdan.brittain at gmail.com writes:

On Tue,  Jun 28, 2016 at 8:51 AM, Jon Egger <revegger at gmail.com>  wrote:

> When my father was alive and being cared for by the VA, I  always told him
> to schedule his clinic appointments as *early* in the  day as was
possible.
> The problem with many a VA is that they overbook  in the clinics, which,
if
> you have a late appointment, can be a real  cluster.

'Tis  true.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

However, the medical team machinery is really not well adapted to
seeing patients at 8 AM on the dot, and just because your appointment  is
for that early morning hour doesn't at all mean the staff is ready to  see
you at that time.

I'm old enough to remember the time when medical offices came to life
after 9 or 10 AM, and it would have been considered barbaric to start
earlier than that.  This doesn't mean medical teams were lazy,  but
it was a professional environment, and not considered civilized to  start
at 8 AM.  To some extent, some of this lingers in the legal and  the
dental professions.

David S.