[Magdalen] Happy Birthday, Jay.

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 03:24:31 UTC 2016

Thank you all for the lovely birthday wishes. It was a quiet day as S/O had
to work, but we did make it out for a Thai dinner. Our favorite spot was
closed for vacation, so we went to another we hadn't tried, which proved to
be more than adequate and had a good meal. On returning home, we discovered
that the UPS truck had delivered my birthday present on its late run (we
must be at the end of the route!). The large box proved to contain an
Instant Pot, which I, afeared as I am of pressure cookers, had decided
might be an acceptable substitute. And there was a package which had
arrived earlier that contained a cookbook for said implement. So all in all
a quite pleasant day!