[Magdalen] Dubious local tradition

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:17:31 UTC 2016

Indeed... Remembering 2 July 4ths from my youth in the '60s becoming riots in Detroit ( I lived in the suburbs). My favorite uncle was a Detroit Policeman and we always worried about him as they all turned out whether they were supposed to be working or not.
Lynn

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 30, 2016, at 9:01 AM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter at gmail.com> wrote:

From today's Tribune:

>> Chicago's new July 4th tradition: violence
>> The national holiday is Monday, and if the three-day weekend is anything like recent years, it could be one of the most violent of the summer.

So we can plan on there being upwards of a dozen deaths from 50+
shootings this weekend. Imagine if this were one incident: a holiday
tradition of a mass murder, or a bombing. How are dispersed shootings
any less horrible?

Kyrie eleison. God help us all.

--
Scott R. Knitter