[Magdalen] Rose is a Rose.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Mar 7 03:53:35 UTC 2016

In a message dated 3/6/2016 6:11:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

Same  here at 9 am Mass with our freestanding rollaway altar. I think there
are only  three frontals for it (the throw-over kind that completely covers
all sides to  the floor...aka "full frontals" - har har. So just a purple
one, a green one,  and a fancy tapestry one.>>>>>>

Usually called "Laudian frontals<" after the AOC during which time  they
originated.

As such, they seem to have a strong Anglican history, and therefore
I was surprised that the monsignor of the downtown RC parish used
them all time.  They had a collection of several colors.  I asked  him
about it and said, "Oh they're Sarum" (!?)

David Strang..