[Magdalen] Joan Baez

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 03:12:11 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 8:43 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> In a message dated 3/11/2016 9:12:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> pdan.brittain at gmail.com writes:
>
> In 1971  I sang with a group of Sacred Harp Singers at Terre des Homme in
> Montreal.  The week was Music from the Southern  Mountains>>>>>>
>

> I'm surprised that this event was held in Quebec.  How did that  come
> about, Dan?

It was a follow-on to Expo 67, becoming an annual summer festival. Held on
the same site as the world's fair. We were in the Buckminster Fuller
Geodesic Dome.

Each week in the US pavilion was a differing theme, organized by the
Smithsonian.

Reading this, we may have been in the last year.  http://tinyurl.com/h7jtw6v

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted