[Magdalen] Invites

Molly Wolf lupa at kos.net
Sun Mar 13 19:50:23 UTC 2016

I got into a major battle with the warden in my former parish over the compound "you and I" issue.  Despite my long career as editor and writer, she insisted on using the subject "you and I" as an object (which should be "you and me").  I tried the untangling rule (remove the other party) but she would have no part, insisting she was right.  This in a public document which I'd been asked to edit.

I let her have her way in the end, but I was pretty disgusted.

Molly

The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. -- Mark Twain