[Magdalen] Sacred Triduum?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 15 22:26:18 UTC 2016

On 15/03/2016 18:10, Scott Knitter wrote:
> I think "Triduum" is a useful term and the idea that it's
> really one big liturgy, which is why the Maundy Thursday and Good
> Friday liturgies are left without a conclusion but all depart in
> silence until the continuation of the Triduum the next day. The BCP
> doesn't explicitly say that or use the term, but it doesn't prevent it
> either.

I think that is a very useful approach if you can get people to buy into
it.  This year is going yo be interesting to me as I will be serving a
pair of village churches.  Maundy Thursday Eucharist in one, meditation
servoce in the other the next evening and then Easyer morning Eucharist
in both.  I will play it by ear.

Roger