[Magdalen] Invites

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 05:51:16 UTC 2016

You have a pet peeve and ride it to death about every three weeks or so.
and of course, that's just fine.

I have a pet peeve, which is smug, self-righteous folks who don't get it
that English is an evolving language (I'm not sure why this is such a
difficult concept for otherwise intelligent people to grasp, but it is),
and whine about stuff they think is soooo terrible, while conveniently
ignoring the stuff they personally do all the time.

Uh, thanks for asking.

And while it is true that Feb-yew-airy makes me wince whenever I hear it,
whining about it won't change the fact that this language is changing.

So, as I said, let's by all means carp and gripe about all the silly stuff
that at the end of the day means nothing at all, while we let the important
stuff go -- because, gosh, where DOES the time go???

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford