[Magdalen] Senioritis countdown.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Mar 16 06:06:03 UTC 2016

He's been doing okay, but clearly, both related to and not related to his frequent illness absences (which, thankfully, are ultimately no problem because he's a special ed kid; don't know if that's a good thing, or not), he's been burdened.  And one of those things is the community service hours requirement.  (No criticism of community service; made that clear before when it came up.)  Well, he needs 60 hours, and via the Monterey County SPCA (the only self-supporting SPCA in the nation, I'm led to believe -- can you say Doris Day and Betty White?) he's got approx 45 hours, and with a few more from helping his French teacher with tech problems make that 50 or more, I told his teacher today in an email that he has my permission to pull a few hours out of his [behind] just to make it an even 60, if he were so inclined.  The answer was, "Already done."  "Wha?"  "Remember I own a swim team; I can make hours appear out of nowhere."  Does God love a compassionate white lie?  Did he REALLY think the woman caught in sin, wouldn't find herself in the same pickle again, and thereby NOT forgiven by himself incarnate after all?  (Where did that come from?)  So, he's done with his 60 hours of community service.  Amen.  (In a positive sense.)

The other relief he felt today was that his 4th quarter French teacher (the successor to the successor to my own French teacher there 1981-82) says he's got a B for the quarter.  Holy shit!  A B?!  No "whew" can possibly express.  He was so relieved, he went to bed early, with no dinner.  Call an ambulance.