[Magdalen] Slaw.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Mar 16 06:12:00 UTC 2016

In a message dated 3/16/2016 1:55:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

You  have, indeed, lived a sheltered life, Doc Strang.  I believe there's
therapy available for those thusly afflicted with a quick change of slaw

"Weltanschauung."  That's a word that speaks to the Germanic  soul!
(means "World View").

And on the subject of "welt" there is that line from the German  National
Anthem, "Deutchland, Deutchland uber Alles, uber Alles in die  Welt."

The Haydn string quartet version of the tune always rounded out  the
days broadcast on Hessicher Rundfunk (Hessian Broadcasting).  It  still
plays through my head at bedtime sometimes.

David Strang.