[Magdalen] Slaw.

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Thu Mar 17 02:03:46 UTC 2016

On 3/16/16 4:14 PM, M J _Mike_ Logsdon wrote:
> But is yahoos "yah-hooz" or "yay-hooz"?  I'm a "yay-hoo" sort, myself.  I love "yay-hoo" email addresses.

My dad used "yay-hoo" (in the plural) frequently to refer to a kind of
people that he disliked and had some contempt for, and I always thought
that that was a reference to the humanoid types from Gulliver's Travels,
rather a primitive, nasty, violent, and unintelligent breed.  I thought
that "yah-hoo" was the cowboy exclamation.  But my daughter corrects me
so much, either way, including the yahoo.com, that I no longer have any
certainty about how things _should_ be pronounced.

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net