[Magdalen] Private-ish repository for vestry documents?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 17:35:18 UTC 2016

One of our wardens and our clerk want me to create an online home for
Vestry minutes and related documents. Their initial idea was for me to
create an unpublished page on our website, available only to those who
have the URL, and I'd make the URL hard to make up. That's sort of
private but of course might still be crawlable by search engines.
Turns out this isn't possible anyway, because unpublished pages on the
site can be seen only by the webmaster while logged in.

We might pay extra for a private-access area on our site, but what are
some of the best alternatives for posting internal documents so
parishioners can see them but not the general public? We've
experimented with Dropbox, which is one option.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA