[Magdalen] Spring has sprung?

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Thu Mar 17 19:32:22 UTC 2016

No magnolias here, of course, although they do fine down in Massachusetts.
There's even a community called Magnolia, on the coast just north of Boston,
which is called that as it is (was?) the most northerly place native
magnolias grew.

Up here in Northern Vermont, we're in the middle of mud season - that time
of the year when the snow has melted, but the ground is still mostly frozen,
leaving the water no place to go. So anywhere there's bare ground (e. g.,
dirt roads), you get often-impassible mud.

Just heard thunder (unusual this time of year) but, not to worry - even tho
it's 50F now, the forecast is for a low of 11F tomorrow night. Even so, I
still expect to be able to star the garden by mid-April - last year it was
May 4.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com