[Magdalen] Aldrich Family.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 02:23:21 UTC 2016

In a message dated 3/20/2016 9:24:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
scottknitter at gmail.com writes:

I also  love WFMT, Chicago's classical-music  station>>>>>>

We could receive this station in West Central Wisconsin and I
think it was a service of the local cable company.  Combined
with Minnesota Public Radio and Wisconsin Public Radio plus
the full time classical station operated by Saint Olaf College (WCAL)
there was an embarras de richesses of good classical music
broadcasting there.  I believe this situation still exists even though
there
have been some rearrangements (MN Public Radio bought WCAL).

It was similarly good for classical music here in NE Pennsylvania
30 years ago.  There was WHYY Public Radio with round the clock
classical broadcasts and the Philly classical commercial station,
WFLN 24/7.

Then, suddenly WFLN went rock, and WHYY went news and information.
Temple University WRTI took over some classical broadcasting, but  it's
not the same as it was, sadly.  There is local NE PA PBS  classical
broadcasting,
but it is very limited.

David Strang.  Yearning for Hessicher  Rundfunk.