[Magdalen] Maundy Musings.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Mar 25 03:37:12 UTC 2016

In a message dated 3/24/2016 11:27:02 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

.   If I'd grown up looking at that mosaic of Jesus
over the main nave, I'd  have been afraid to go to sleep at  night!>>>>>>

Granted the mosaic of Jesus in the half-dome above the high altar is
just a little too Nordic for me.  They have, however, completed the  mosaics
in the half-domes of the nave now.  This is probably since you were  last
there.  I think they help what is otherwise an unremarkable  interior.

The place is huge, however, and I anticipate my usual palpitations at
the return of the great rear gallery Moller (pipe organ).  The  great
space handles that organ fanfare especially well at the start of  the
Gloria of the Easter Vigil Eucharist.

David Strang.