[Magdalen] And back in the door

Kristin Rollins kristin at verumsolum.com
Sun Mar 27 03:25:46 UTC 2016

I'm back.

Our Easter Vigil tonight was as long as it ever is (and probably
slightly longer with four baptized and around eight of us who were
confirmed, received, or otherwise reaffirming their baptismal vows), and
as wonderful. It is the first time in many years that I did not have any
musical responsibilities (other than last year, when I did not attend),
so it was much less stressful for me, despite the extras to do with
being confirmed tonight.

Heather live-tweeted the service and collected the tweets at
https://storify.com/hedwyg/the-great-vigil-of-easter-56f7471a573daea06b63905a

It was also good to have gone the extra mile for a couple of preparatory
things this week. Last weekend, we went dress shopping, which was
actually the first time I had tried anything on in a store dressing room
since I started this process. Yesterday, I got a long-overdue haircut,
and earlier today I (finally) had my ears pierced. On top of the
schedule of Holy Week services, it has been a busier week than usual!

Heather tweeted a photo of the dress (oh yes, and me) at
https://twitter.com/hedwyg/status/713866552718848000

My only disappointment tonight was not hearing the eucharistic prayer
chanted. Our rector usually does that in Eastertide and Christmastide,
but the bishop spoke the prayer tonight. We did hear our rector's usual
excellent job of chanting the Exsultet earlier. (I have not yet decided
whether I will drag myself out tomorrow morning or whether I will just
wait until next Sunday to hear him chant the eucharistic prayer.)

But my brain is fried, and so I will just say that I'm glad to be back,
and missed you while I was away.

Kristin

--
  Kristin Rollins