[Magdalen] And back in the door

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Mar 27 04:35:40 UTC 2016

In a message dated 3/26/2016 11:25:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
kristin at verumsolum.com writes:

It is  the first time in many years that I did not have any
musical  responsibilities  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This reminds me of my duties for many years alternating between
TEC local Procathedral, and the largest church in the RC diocese.
Those duties included the Lumen Christi chant and the following
Exsultet chant, and leading the Easter Alleluia.

I was uptight about these things until they actually got underway,  and
then it was pure pleasure.  Plainchant has been my thing, and,  frankly,
I've never heard them done as well.  I KNEW I was singing them  well,
and it was Soli Deo Gloria.

I would usually get some positive feedback from these "performances,"
but I remember most that of the assistant (RC's actually had them  back
in the day) RC priest who was celebrant of the Easter Vigil.  Noting  my
cassock and long Anglican choir cassock, his only comment for me
for my contribution was "You look like a mini-priest!"     : - (

David Strang.