[Magdalen] Bittersweet medical update.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 29 03:53:52 UTC 2016

Things are still doing okay (except for needing to ramp down the colchicine for its side effect of "singing the die-aria"), but I finally heard what I think I'd been told before but now believe it.  Namely, these wounds and nodules of mine will take months, possibly years, to heal, and in many cases healing takes place when the disease simply "burns itself out", as per my Stanford dermatology doc today.  Wow.  All I can say is, Thank God things are better enough such that I only change my dressings every other day now.  Point blank, I keep CVS in business these days.

A little depressing that it will take so long, but I long for, and hope for, the day I can scratch my legs and feet again.  Can't do that to raw flesh.  Why do I say that?  Because it itches sometimes, to high heaven!  Eek.

Signed, Wanting to be well in Salinas.