[Magdalen] Religious Liberty Bill

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:01:39 UTC 2016

They write up bills they know cannot pass, knowing they can use these as
cash for their constituents. "I tried, but the devils stopped me. Sorry."

The houses of the legislature lack sufficient numbers to over-ride the
veto, and the legislators are not coming back in any case. But the
legislator who wants to empress his buddies can yell about calling a
special session, and figures it buys a few more votes, and makes his
followers think he's (she's?) actually trying to do something.

Depressing.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford