[Magdalen] References (was Re: Lexington Bishop Suspended)

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 03:06:53 UTC 2016

I saw something in that article or perhaps a comment on the article
that said criminal charges against Simon Whalley were dropped or not
pressed or something. And since the decision about banning him from
teaching didn't come until February, I can imagine that he would feel
justified in trying to make a new start in the States and put that
episode behind him. Unfortunately, new employers don't take too well
to finding out about these incidents after making the hire. My first
reaction on hearing about his problems in the UK was to Google him and
wonder why SMV didn't do likewise and take a pass on his application.
But Google may not have yielded anything alarming until February.

Sad situation all around.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA