[Magdalen] Opera Style?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Thu Mar 31 16:37:25 UTC 2016

This is the year of the opera singer, I guess.

There was the rendition of the USA Anthem at the start of the Superbowl (US
 football)
by Renee Fleming, reigning opera diva, and, more recently
the singing of the same anthem at another event by television host, Drew
Pinsky ("Dr. Drew").

The latter person's  style has been described as "operatic" too.

As near as I can figure, this just means that he uses the diaphragm
while singing, which suggests that he has had some formal training
His mother was an opera singer.

The diaphragm seems to divide "serious/classical" singing from the
popular genre which uses the chest exclusively.  By these  standards,
I guess I am an "opera" singer, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfl9x-LXkV4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQdUnFVON58

David Strang.