[Magdalen] R.I.P. Daniel Berrigan

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sun May 1 23:33:43 UTC 2016

Eternal memory to all these saints I did not know anything about Jerry Berrigan, senior sibling of Dan until I read the obituary that mentioned that Jerry was also a peace advocate and had about a month. Also read about Dorothy Day and Thomas Merton having rservations (polite I am sure) about Dan Berrigan. Considering that a number of canonized sites were on opposite side of the Great Western Schism, it is not surprising that good and holy people had various views of the Vietnam Conflict, They are now at peace together around the table of grace

Joe