[Magdalen] R.I.P. Daniel Berrigan

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon May 2 02:14:23 UTC 2016

In a message dated 5/1/2016 7:33:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
romanos at mindspring.com writes:

holy  people had various views of the Vietnam Conflict, They are now at
peace  together around the table of  grace>>>>>>>>>>>

I must confess to be a member of what might be called the "Silent
Majority" of Americans, who just went along with the flow.  In my  own
case it was to spend over three years in the US Army Medical Corps.
Fortunately, my service was briefly stateside ("CONUS"), and then
on to my "PDS" (Permanent Duty Station) at the 97th General Army
Hospital, Frankfurt/M, Germany.  That's about as geographically  far
from the Viet Nam War as could be.  However, my bronze interment
marker provided by the USVA will say "Major David J. Strang, US  Army
Medical Corps, Viet Nam Era"  I can't get away from Viet Nam even
though I was 10,000 miles away during my service time.

David Strang.