[Magdalen] Not the day I was planning

ROGER STOKES roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Tue May 3 00:58:30 UTC 2016

A very quick update as I wait for my flight to start boarding.  Because, unlike many countries (including my own) today was not a public holiday in the USA I was able to get an emergency passport in Chicago, the cost of which should be covered by my travel insurance  I need a new passport anyway in the coming months.  After finding my w\ay through the roadworks, delays for paying tolls and a diversion to find fuel, I landed up in central Chicago, parking eventually on Ohio near the junction with Michigan where I needed to be.
I was so late that the official I needed to see had another appointment so she rearranged it and I got it in time to get to O'Hare, check in the car and myself and have something to eat and drink.  As I had time in central Chicago I had a bit of a wander, seeing again some of the sights I saw in September 2012 on my first trip over here.  People have been generally helpful over this unfortunate incident from trhe Sheriff's deputy onwards.
Incidentally the food I had is something I might well try at home - shredded brussel sprouts with chopped dates and nuts and a vinaigrette dressing.

Roger