[Magdalen] Not the day I was planning

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue May 3 02:13:41 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 7:58 PM, ROGER STOKES
<roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Incidentally the food I had is something I might well try at home - shredded brussel sprouts with chopped dates and nuts and a vinaigrette dressing.

Did it almost make you cry, as it did for this blogger? (Includes recipe.)
http://foodloveswriting.com/2013/05/10/shredded-brussels-sprouts-salad-with-toasted-walnuts-and-dates/

Did you have this salad at The Purple Pig? Sayat-Nova? As I start
listing possibilities, I realize the answer will probably be a place I
don't know of!

I was downtown this afternoon for dental work and a stop-in at my
office on E. Wacker Drive, but I think we were both too busy for a
meet-up to have been a possibility!

I'm very glad things worked out with the consulate! The Netherlands
one is just a couple of floors below where I work (when I work in the
office), but that would not have helped you in the least, I realize.
It's just interesting when some quite tall, blondish people get on the
elevator with me, to guess whether they're going to the Netherlands
Consulate or not. :) Not always...

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA