[Magdalen] Ft Ord.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed May 4 18:05:09 UTC 2016

In a message dated 5/4/2016 1:50:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mjl at ix.netcom.com writes:

My gov't  teacher my senior year of high school told the story of how when
he was there  as a young man he took umbrage once at how a sergeant was
treating a young  black soldier, mouthed off to said sergeant, and was instantly
assigned to  planting sod around the various officers' buildings.  "That
sod is there  to this day," he  said.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My next older brother, Jim, was stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA, and one
night in the officers' club saw a drunken officer punch a woman in  the
face and knock her to the floor.  He moved to help the woman and
said something to the offending officer like , "Are you crazy?"

It turned out that the puncher officer was in charge of deployment  for
the Army Pacific area.  My brother was forthwith banished to the
forlorn Island of Shemja in the Alleutian Chain for the next 18  months.

Sometimes good deeds get punished.

David Strang.