[Magdalen] Copenhagen.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed May 4 19:19:28 UTC 2016

In a message dated 5/4/2016 3:08:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

Wheras  ...
my travels through Sweden and Norway convinced me
that those  languages sound like Danish
spoken by brutish  trolls>>>>>>>>

Depends on what dialect/accent the speaker uses.  There are the
three varieties of Norwegian, for instance.  When I pressed my
relatives in the Oslo area about my mother's Norwegian, they said,
politely, that she sounded like a country bumpkin.

There is that characteristic "lilt" (for want of a better term) to  both
Swedish and Norwegian that is minimal in Danish.

I was once standing in line to get into "Mary's" Restaurant (the
one where MTM is seen sitting at a balcony table overlooking the  IDS
Courtyard).  The two couples ahead of me were chatting in a  vaguely
familiar language, and when my curiosity got the better of me I
asked them (in English) what language they were speaking.  The
answer:  Icelandic.

David Strang.

:-D