[Magdalen] Mixed Messages.

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:17:54 UTC 2016

Years ago, when Mario Cuomo was Governor, he regularly would meet with
PBS's WAMC's Alan Chartok and they would talk over what was happening in
the world politically. The two obviously enjoyed and respected one
another.  When WAMC was having a pledge drive, Mario came and did several
tapings of stories of general things in his life, and the public loved it.
They offered these in a cassette tape, and made their goal several days
early.  One of the clips was a very poignant story of a dog named Ginger
who was getting on in years, and Mario's concern about doing what was best
for her.  She passed away in the course of the story (SNIF!!).

At some point, people began calling in to pledge and beg, "Please don't
kill Ginger again!"

It's a sad thing, really. He might have been a truly superb president. (Or
maybe not. It's not like I'm psychic.)

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford