[Magdalen] Berrigan's life lesson: fidelity has its payoffs | National Catholic Reporter

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Sat May 7 22:39:24 UTC 2016

Agreed, Lynn; I saw this earlier today. A friend and I watched the live stream of the funeral mass yesterday, and it was wonderful--simple and very moving. He was absolutely one of my heroes, and I was fortunate to be able to attend five of his retreats over the years, four at Kirkridge and one at the Jesuit Center in Wernersville. At one of the Kirkridge retreats we celebrated his 70th birthday with cake and ice cream and much laughter. He would have turned 95 this coming Monday.

I have quite a few of his books, but didn't realize until this week that he had written 40!