[Magdalen] Everett update.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 12 23:14:46 UTC 2016

Well, today was his last day of state-mandated education.  Meaning, for me, ... I'M FREE !!!  No more horribly early mornings, no more taking him to school, no more half-hour lunch hours because the other half has been picking him up and getting him home.  Whew!

Also, today was his interview for a "volunteer" position at the non-profit computer joint I mentioned.  He was hired on the spot.  Wednesday and Friday, 2:00-5:00.  It's volunteer, but for him it's more an internship, as whether he ends up working there as a paid employee (which I really doubt, from the sheer number of volunteers they have on staff) or somewhere else, the time spent there will be for him a resume-starting and experience-getting experience.

And though "non-faith based", the place did begin with churchy sorts, leading the founder to say this in the website's "About Us" section:

"Through the years, I've heard through the grapevine that some people think it is necessary to prey when they come in for help -- and that's not true, though people are welcome to of course.  We're like any other public nonprofit -- we try to keep people's personal beliefs private.  Thank you."

I told Everett I'm going to have to email them someday about the typo.  "Prey" in a paragraph about a business greatly populated with Christians, is not a good thing.