[Magdalen] Marcine J. Handsfield 1/18/1955 - 5/14/2016

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Sat May 14 16:46:45 UTC 2016

So sorry about all of this Jim. The long suffering, the hardship of
separation, the difficult decisions, and now the start of a whole new
journey of sorrow and missing Marcy.

We are here, anytime, please just lean on us...

A patient of mine said something astonishing the other day. She's a
Pentecostal who went through immersion baptism as a young teen and she told
me how afraid she had been beforehand, of going under the water.

But, she said, in the end it was so quick she hardly had time to notice and
she was rising again to breathe in her new life. And that's true for
physical death as well....we who are baptised have already shared in the
death of Christ... we will pass through death without ever experiencing it.

The death of a beloved Other, well, that is another thing entirely. Her
tears are wiped away, but ours continue to flow.

Sally D