[Magdalen] elections

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 18 21:43:53 UTC 2016

>>>I only regret that the number of "not Trump" candidates among the Republicans meant that none of them became a viable alternative in their primary season.<<<

And it was their own fault.  Stuart Stevens, former Romneyite, said (paraphrased) a couple months ago, "They had a chance, and it was the first day Trump started soaring in the polls.  It was staring them in the face, and they screwed up."

So true.  It's not like he wasn't a well-known public figure.  A few choice weeks of digging, and the laundry could have been hung out in all its poo-poo-colored glory for everyone to behold, and abhor.

Too late.  (I first typed "Too hate.")