[Magdalen] Flag Day.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun May 22 20:59:09 UTC 2016

Flag Day USA comes up June 14th.  It's a day for Americans to
fly the federal flag, and I will dutifully do so.

However, I am highlighting a flag that I created some forty years ago
when I lived in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.  My flag is in the classical  four
quadrants (like the Maryland Flag and the UK Royal Standard).  The
left upper and the right lower feature a dark blue with a large, gold
fleur de lys (the Royal French insignia).  The right upper and  left
lower quadrants feature three wavy white lines disposed horizontally,
on a light blue background (the insignia for flowing water).  Ths  is
all very apropos "Eau Claire.'

Eau Claire is in the midst of downtown revitalization, which includes  a
substantial project of residential/commercial  buildings at a  newly
created park at the edge of the downtown where the Eau Claire River
flows into the Chippewa River.  The local government and the  local
UW-Eau Claire - with about 10,000 students - are joint partners in  this
venture which is called "The Confluence."

I thought my flag might be an appropriate symbol for the downtown
revitalization so I've sent off a copy of the flag to the authorities
there.
I've made sure they are aware that I have no commercial interest in
this flag.

We shall see what happens.  More anon.

David Strang.