[Magdalen] Wages of Alcohol

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon May 23 20:03:27 UTC 2016

In a message dated 5/23/2016 3:35:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
michaudme at gmail.com writes:

I  watched the gf's parents drink themselves to death.

More horribly, I  watched her watch them ditto.  The damage done to her is
incalculable,  and much of it remains lurking under the surface of what
would otherwise be  a happy and full-functioning life. She's done alot of
work to make it less  painful, but it will never be completely gone.

I've always said that  if-and-when I see her mother again, I'm going to slap
the living shit out  of  her.
-M>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For me it's a family disease which is well known but was never talked  about
back in the day.  My younger brother (the really smart one) killed  himself
with booze at 50.  My father had three sibs (2 physicians, and a  dentist).
Two of them drank themselves to death.

My father had to deal with the wreckage of the family during the  descent
into hell of the dentist who lived nearby.  Father knew family  members
needed to leave alcohol alone.  He always referred to ethanol as "fire
water"
after the nick-name given it by the local Chippewa/Ojibway Indians.

David Strang.