[Magdalen] "...closest to May 25."

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Tue May 24 07:15:47 UTC 2016

Universalis the RC independent app for the Liturgy of the Hours did have a special "About Today" feature. I was very disappointed as today was the Feast of St Euphrosyne of POlacak one of the great Bielarusian Saints. We had her icon on our iconastasis at Christ the Redeemer.We sang the Akathist every so often and the Cross which was given to her on her pilgrimage to the HOly Land is one of the emblems of Bielarus. Yet nothing. Our 3 great festivals (apart from the Annunciation, which like Greece, celebrates its independence on March 25, Are St. Cyril of Turau (the  Slavic chrysosot, on April 28, OUr Lady of Zhyrovichy on May 7 and St. Euphorsyna of POlacak. aka (the "only" Bielarusian Virgin  (the others entered the convent as widows, she followed the common Western practice, less frequent in the Christians East of entering the convent at marriage age.

I should write a note to the editor who is a Slav but not Bielarusian.

Joe