[Magdalen] We're being sold...

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed May 25 13:30:51 UTC 2016

I work for the Enterprise Services unit of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
This unit used to be (more or less) Ross Perot's EDS, which I joined
in 1985.

We were all gobsmacked yesterday to learn that our unit is to be spun
off and merged with CSC, one of our competitor companies, to form a
new company as yet unnamed. All of this will happen by next March.

Of course, these deals sometimes come with layoffs, although I've
survived four of these already (EDS sold to GM; EDS spun off from GM;
EDS bought by HP; HP split into HP and HPE).

So we'll see what happens, one day at a time...

Cady, is this you, too? (I think it might be.)

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA