[Magdalen] Marcy's Funeral

James Handsfield jhandsfield at att.net
Wed May 25 16:37:29 UTC 2016

It was good to have all of you there - thank you for coming.

I have to say it was a wonderful service - Marcy planned it when we planned both of our funerals.  It was difficult but I felt peace afterward, not in small part to having your spiritual presence with us.

Marcy chose her music well, although I did get to choose two pieces - the opening voluntary (Meditation from Thaïs by Massenet and An Ashokan Farewell by Jay Ungar played on the cello).  I’ll post the order of service in a little while.

Education is its own reward, both for the individual and for society.

Jim Handsfield
jhandsfield at att.net