[Magdalen] An enticing offer from spamland

Sibyl Smirl polycarpa3 at ckt.net
Sat May 28 01:21:25 UTC 2016

This one's worse:

  Good day,
You are obligated to attend a court meeting on June, 17, 2016.
If you do not appear in court on the date stated in the attached
summons, the court may issue a warrant for your arrest to bring you to
court.
For more information please refer to the document enclosed.

Notice that they don't use my name in the text.  It appears to be from
Nicolea Bridgewater  BridgewaterNicolea555 at hoelangkoken.nl
I am willing to bet that if I replied to that addy, the reply would
bounce.  I get about a dozen of these things a day, most of them varying
in their text: some have no text at all, only the attachment.  None have
actually used my real name, usually addressing me as polycarpa3, some
with nothing, as above.  I am also willing to bet that clicking on the
.zip attachment would give me a virus.  Oddly enough, the ones that say
that I owe them a zillion (specified) dollars have a _comma_ between the
dollars and the cents, not a period.  Does anyone know where this kind
of notation is the standard?

--
Sibyl Smirl
mailto:polycarpa3 at ckt.net